The Cultivate Video is an Informational or Educational format that is typically between 5 to 20 minutes.
The Video’s objective is to retarget audiences that have previously watched your Brand Video. You have already established your authority and shared your Brand Story to create a ‘warm’ audience. Now you will develop the essential ‘know, like and trust’ factor which is a perquisite for them you your products and services..
In this Cultivate video, you will need to ‘give away’ your best content, to demonstrate that you can help them solve their problem or achieve their desire.
By providing value in advance, you invoke the Rule of Reciprocity and Goodwill which will set you up with the following Action Video campaign.
Your topic must link to one of the 8 biological desires that we all share;
1. Survival, enjoyment of life, life extension.
2. Enjoyment of food and beverages.
3. Freedom from fear, pain, and danger.
4. Intimate companionship.
5. Comfortable living conditions.
6. To be superior, winning, keeping up with the Joneses.
7. Care and protection of loved ones.
8. Social approval.
If your product overlaps with more than one of the 8 desires, then create individual Cultivate videos for each Desire.
Use the 3 ACT Structure
The content of the Cultivate video can be broken down into three distinct sections that must follow in a sequence.
- 1. WHY they need to watch this content. (Problem Aware)
- 2. WHAT is your actual content. (Solution Aware)
- 3. HOW to implement your content. (Product Aware)